Blood slips from my fingers into a thick puddle against her chest. The blade twisted cracking ribs as it plummeted into her lung. A prayer to a god I don’t know. Forgive me….
“I feel I’m able to get rid of any demons lurking in my psyche through my writing, which leaves me free to create all of this and to enjoy our family life, stepping away from all the fictional traumas and the dramas. If I write about family in crisis, then I won’t have to live through it, I guess.”
– Jodi Picoult
This weekend Trifextra is asking for 33 of your own words that exorcise a demon. One of your own, or one from your imagination. Let it bleed on the page.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! They will send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.